Saturday, March 6, 2010

La {vie} est Belle

Life flies by! March is here and I feel like the second term just barely began.Christmas was a whirlwind of family and friends, gatherings, reunions and relaxation. It was wonderful. Coming back was a bit tough with having a month off but I managed.My course load is pretty good this term, I have Psych, Sociology, Interpersonal Communications, Native Studies and Stats(which I hate!! boo stats) Today I have had a stats day...a day where I did nothing but stats..well mostly. I did quite a bit of laundry and vacuuming to avoid it..but I did in the end get quite a bit done..I think. I wish someone would just do it for me! :(

As of last Friday I am officially an applicant of the Faculty of Social Work and I'm excited/apprehensive for this. Mostly because I'm not sure what I'd really like to get into in the end. I know I want to help people but I'm not sure with doing what, I just feel like it might be the right thing to do and where God wants me, so c'est la vie, there it is. I'm still thinking about going back to camp for the summer...not sure where I stand on it right now though...

I've been doing some song writing in my spare time..which isn't much, but I've come up with a few good songs...so that's been good. I've really come to love living in Winnipeg. I love the U of M and the people I've met there, the atmosphere and just life. It's warming up outside which make my half hourish walks to school much nicer, because there is nothing glamorous about walking to school in -40 degree weather with a big sweater, winter jacket, 2 pairs of tights, 2 scarfs, 2 pairs o' mittens,toque and 2 pairs o' socks. BUT I was warm and it was a lot free-er(sp?) than taking the bus! So yes, I am very thankful for spring! :)

My evening class has been pretty spectacular so far. It's pretty much a class where we sit around and counsel each other! Needless to say we've worked out a lot of problems together..ha...it's been good times.

I've been to The Meeting Place now and it is Spectacular, like truly. I Love that church. It's awesome. Drew Brown who leads worship there is super talented and it's amazing worshiping there. The messages are great and always seem to be applicable to my life. I love TMP.

I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas(thanks Carilee!!) which has been put to great use. My flavor of the month is Half-sweet,Skinny,Cinnamon Dolce Latte it's superb. But my true favorite is still a Peppermint Mocha.

Favorite thing of the month. My mom came into the city this past week and she came with me to my Native Studies class and it was fun! She found it really interesting when i told her the prof would never notice whether she was really part of the class or not. We took notes and drank Starbucks. it was a good time and it made class a lot more interesting.

Term two over all has been great. More stressful with stats, a lot more stressful with stats. but good. It's warming up and I'm looking forward to spring it always brings such a new freshness and a bright outlook. I am in love with Spring. It also helps that April is my birthday :). Anyway, I should return to my stats to make sure I do well on my next test...oh boy... Will write soon.

Rachel

No comments: