Thursday, March 25, 2010

Take a {Stand}

Today, was a good day! While I did continue to think about bugs, it wasn't as bad as yesterday.. haa. One of my roommates got engaged last night! So that was exciting news in our house this morning! I had class at 8:30 but found myself wide awake at 7:00. So I got up and did nothing but eat apple cinnamon cheerios and watched Canada AM. A new experience indeed. Also, if you have never tried apple cinnamon cheerios, they are worth it, super good. Surprisingly good at 7:00 am with Canada AM. My class this morning did not consist of much but a sub prof asking us why we took early morning classes if we are not morning people. I also met my friends Hailey and Kaitlyn on campus which was quite random since Hailey does not attend U of M, but it was a nice surprise!

Today was also a lazy day consisting of an episode of Ugly Betty, an episode in which by the way she gets her braces removed! if you cared to know. I just feel like I can relate!...ha it was a good show. Then Gilmore Girls, which I truly love. truly. I began cooking up a storm later in the day for Hailey and Kaitlyn the same friends I met earlier in the day who were also coming for dinner. It was so warm in our house (which is unusual) that I opened windows in the -10 degree weather and it was beautiful! Our house needed some airing out from this stuffy winter air anyway.

So I like to think I have learned a lot about myself this year about who I am (there is a lot more learning to do!) but lately I've been thinking a lot lately about what makes me different? Do you know what I mean? Like, I am supposed to be this passionate Christ follower and disciple but really when I look at my life...Do people see that? Do people know that I follow Christ? and I'm not talking about the "not swearing, lying, cheating" type of thing here. I mean legitimately striving for other to know Christ through my actions. There are so many people at U of M, like 27,000 many. What makes me any different from the next person passing me on campus? God has just been really challenging me these past few months through a lot of things and some conversations I've had with people who don't believe. He's really challenged me to strive to show His love to people who don't know Him or don't want to. He's challenged me to strive to be different and not be afraid of who that is. I mean, really, I hope that my friends at school can see that I follow and love Christ, but what I'm doing right now, is it enough? I don't really think so. So I guess I feel just feel really challenged right now but I'm looking forward to the challenge and what comes next. There is this one quote that I have fallen back in love with lately and it's simply put, "Stand for Him, He stood for You". Christ died on the Cross for me that day, laid it all out on the line. all of it. So when I really think about that, What's stopping me? Like, really. But I guess my question or challenge to you is...What makes you different? I'm not judging here in anyway, just think about it. Let's be Different.

Rachel

No comments: