Monday, March 15, 2010

Overwhelmed*

Good evening Blogger World!

Today was a pretty good day. It started off pretty lazy, I slept in until about 10 am. Which I never do, so that was kind of nice, even though I have about a bazillion things to do! I tried to study for my Psych Exam on Wednesday but didn't really get very far and then tried to focus on my stats homework which I also did not get very far on... So I'm kind of scared because I have sooo many things to do this week that are for marks and I'm a bit stressed! I had class at 3:30 and then my counseling class at 6:00 which was really interesting today. I love the people in that course they are super fun and easy to talk to...which makes sense I suppose because it is a counseling class. We talked about violence today and how to deal with those situations so that was pretty interesting. There was a quote in my book that I found was pretty great it was "The most deadliest form of Violence is Poverty" - Ghandi. How true is that? I knew this beforehand, but this quote pretty much sums up my thoughts. When I look back to so many of the root of problems, such as crime, violent outbreaks, failing school etc. it s so often because people cannot meet their subsistence needs, just simply getting food on the table day in, day out is a struggle. Enter Maslow's Hierarchy of self-actualization. People are unable to reach their potential before all of their needs are met. So often I judge people to be inherently lazy, unwilling to fix their problem etc. (bad idea) Where I fail to acknowledge how unfair the capitalism playing field is and not look at how people struggle to reach their basic needs before being able to succeed and reach self-actualization...Just a few thoughts I suppose...My 2 social work cents for the evening I guess.

This weekend was fantastic! I did almost no homework which was probably terrible, but that's okay! I went to Kid's Zone on Saturday morning and that was awesome, got to catch up with some people there and also hang out with some spectacular Kids. It's a great program. I played with my nephew saturday afternoon...and in the evening did my tax return!! yay! I'm getting money! ha..so that should be niccce. On Sunday a couple of my friends got baptized! so that was exciting and afterward I went to lunch with a few of my camp friends and that was really great as well. In the evening was my nephew's first birthday party and that was spectacular! I got him a little leap frog guitar! After that I headed back to the city...and here I am.

This weekend should be good, I'll be glad once this week is over..actually I'll be even more glad once this term is over!! This weekend I'm hangin out with Tamara hopefully, who I'm super excited to see and also going to the WBC Dinner Theatre, so that should great as well! Yup, Life is good, but I should probably get back to studying...

Hope you are all having a great week!

Rachel

PS. Song request of the week- Check out: Stronger- Hillsong United. It's spectacular.

No comments: