Monday, February 21, 2011

A hidden {love}

I have always loved driving. Road trips, shopping trips, coffee runs, anything driving I’m there. Oddly enough I enjoy them most especially all by myself my only companions being blaring music and coffee. And also especially in the middle of the night The open road empty of all the busy, ‘in a hurry’ drivers and I love it. While making my third trek home from the city this week I ‘rediscovered’ this old love, alone at midnight, moon shining bright on these flat prairie highways. It’s amazing the ‘me’ time or ‘think’ time you get in on an hour-ish drive home from the city. And something in me always wants to keep driving and never stopperhaps head for warmer weather :) If the gas wasn’t going to cost me my arm and leg I think I would just go out and drivedrive with no destination in mind or sight. There is just a simple beauty to it. Maybe it’s because sometimes my worries seem to fly off me and out the window as I speed down the road. Maybe it’s because I can sing at unreal volumes without someone hearing. It could also be the think or prayer time I get in. Don’t worry I don’t close my eyes ;) Maybe I’m alone in this love but I just can’t get over it.

Reading week is this weekbut I think it should be renamed ‘paper writing week’at least for me because that is definitely what I’ll be doing. I have 7 regular term papers to write and 2 exam papers to write all in 5 weeks. Oh boy. I hope to make it out alive. Kidding. That’s a joke. I will.

Grace. Grace. Grace. I mentioned last week that God was teaching me all about grace. I love it. He continues to speak to me daily on how beautiful the concept of grace is. The more I learn the more I practice and grace is not easy. Because grace is unfair. And that’s just that. Grace is forgiveness and letting go while knowing the one who loves all will be the best judge. In order to receive Grace from God I believe we must offer it to others. Oh and believe me it’s tough. I’m reading Philip Yancey’s “What’s so Amazing about Grace?” and it is awesome. If you have the time or even if you don’t this book begs to be read. It’s a wonderful approach to the truth of grace and failings of the church to offer the beautiful but difficult gift of grace. It’s a journey of growth that’s not easy, but so worth it. Anyways. Time to write papers! Woo. Peace out Blog world.

M

No comments: