Saturday, September 8, 2007

You've only just Begun

You've only just begun
This battle that you face
Don't ever give up hope my dear
You've just begun the race

Trying to hard to fit
In a place you don't belong
This life is only temporary
soon enough you will be gone.

There's more to life than
the perfect grades
to the in-style clothes
Life's masquerade

Trying so hard still,
It will never be enough,
hiding all this pain,
by the walls you still build up

But the battle isn't over
They will always want some more
They'll break you into pieces
until you fall onto the floor.

And now so very low,
the faith you have in you
You always seem to measure
every thing that you do

And you're falling to the floor now
shattered like a cup
and suddenly you wonder..
who's picking you up?

And you can see His face now,
Covered wet with tears
He's picking up the pieces
and slowly draws you near.

Soon Your feet are getting stronger
and you're walking on your own
each step you take is leading----
suddenly you hear a single moan...

You don't understand now
as at His feet you lay,
He is dying on the cross now
and you have to look away.

Your burdens are what He carries,
Your shoulders now so light,
"Why?" you cry to him,
"this cannot be right!"

"I have lived to die for you,"
He answered, "to take away your fears,
I have lived to die for you,
to wipe away your tears."

And hanging there he cried with me,
and then he finally said,
"You are beautiful in my eyes child..
I died for you and bled.."

You see, He picked up all my pieces
And my sins he took away,
He bore them on his shoulders,
And died on the cross that day.

The greatest love I'll ever know,
To whom I owe my all
I know one day I'll see him,
And it's my name that He'll call.

By :Rachel Wall
Mar. 10, 2007

No comments: